There are no physical or mental boundaries that can keep a child from kicking butt, and Dreams For Kids provides that opportunity. This non-profit organization allows children who are physically and developmentally challenged to participate in modified sports. The organization also incorporates children in poverty stuck areas to be a part of a team as well. Dreams For Kids wants kids to know they are the solution not the problem.
The website is extremely interactive and reaches out to all audience providing information for anyone who would like to help. Dreams For Kids provides information on the “Dream Leaders” of the organization. Reaching out to the general audience and pulling them in because every bit counts.
This organization differs from others because it really stresses the importance that the children are not the problem but the solution of tomorrow. No matter what or where they come from they have what it takes to make a mark in this world.
Here are just some of the benefits of the Dream Leaders:
- Improves self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Enhances leadership skills
- Breaks down barriers between youth and parents of different race, socio-economic backgrounds, ability, religion, and gender
- Engages teenagers and their parents in ongoing community service opportunities
- Educates teenagers on social issues affecting their local and global
- communities (including the Millennium Development Goals)
The write up is heart felt and engages the reader making them want to help. This piece shows that a little can really go a long way.